viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

JOURNAL #  3

This class was about reading from a representative character from North America culture called Johnny Appleseed. The development of this lesson was  good, in terms of organization. Although, I consider students at the very beginning were afraid to participate because of the story I brought to the class. For instance I explained some key words that were related with the character.

The next activity was the video with a short scene from this story; unfortunately the sound did not work very well so I had to ask to them to watch only in order to understand the video. Probably, I could ask some questions about the video at the end  instead to continue with the next activity a little fast.

In the power point presentation they were attentive and at the end they answered some questions related with it. Later I gave them a handout with the story of Johnny Appleseed; I designed it previously with the purpose of using regular and irregular verbs.  I was afraid because there were some verbs they did not know very well but at the end they got them.

Subsequently, I asked them to read the story in couples and answer the questions. This part of the class was workable, and I did not have any difficulty, I just monitored their process in order to provide feedback in the necessary cases.

The activity they like the most was the last one, I asked two students to read and to acted out a short scene from the story, the pronunciation wasn´t very good because they did not  have time to prepared it but the corporal performance was good. And most of them enjoyed this part too much. Probably in the following lessons I could invest more time to let them get ready for dramatizations like this.  

1 comentario:

  1. Dear Liliana,

    I think reflecting upon our experiences in the classroom is the best way to achieve a clear improvement in our teaching. I totally agree with you when you say time is one of the main problems when teaching, thus sometimes we estimate the time, but we cannot be sure, time is an approximation.

    ResponderBorrar