viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

JOURNAL #2


This class was about simple past irregular verbs. So in the first portion of the class I began showing them characters from the Simpsons family series and explaining them the actions they did the previous day using irregular verbs. In this part I could get their attention easily because they are familiarized with this cartoon and they started participating actively. Something relevant I must mention is the fact that when I was writing the name of the verbs they gave me feedback for my spelling because in two verbs a made a mistake. For instance, it showed me that they were attentive to the activity. 

In the following activity they demonstrated their understanding of the irregular answering the questions I made, based on the power point presentation. Additionally, they understood the difference between the use of the verb in affirmative and interrogative.

In the next part of the class  they were divided into three groups in order to play a game called focus,  so there were 20 cards on the wall and behind  each there were irregular verbs in present and past, so they must looked for the couple this kind competence made them to be more attentive and engage in it. It was the activity they enjoy the most.  Something I would improve is to make emphasis in the pronunciation of the verbs in present and past that were behind the cards.

With the final activity, I was afraid because it was about writing, and they are not very skillful, although at the end they did a good job with their compositions using some useful expressions I added in the handout. At reading time, I figured out they need to practice more their pronunciation.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario