viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

JOURNAL  #  01

The class was about past simple emphasizing in regular verbs, I implemented some characters from simpsons family  in order to make the class more appealing and interesting for my students. I can highlight several issues from this class such as  the fact that during the class they showed  clear understanding of the regular verbs presented in the lesson. There was a matching activity  and most of them could match  the written word with the picture. After this part I developed a hot potato activity with the song and it worked very well, since the students were very attentive.

In the pronunciation part of the regular verbs I could realized that this part needed more reinforcement and practice. I began explaining them the difference betweem (t) and (d) sounds and then we classified the verbs on the board. I  think I could invest more time working on it instead to pass to next activity.

I model the yes/no question in past  “Did you…?” and I began to ask them in order to get their answers, this part was well done; probably some of them hesitate to speak but they try it, and they got it. The purpose of this last activity was to get the students familiar with the question and short answers in order to develop an information gap activity. In this activity they had to look for a partner in order to fill the handout asking them what activities they did in the previous day and mark in the corresponding column.

From this last activity I could realized they did not understand the instructions very well. Since, once they started asking they did not use complete questions and answers, so I decided to make an intervention and clarify the instructions. As the activity kept going I monitor in the different groups in order to provide feedback if it was necessary. At the end they had to report to the class what their partners did, according to the information they collect. In this part I could notice some of them were a little nervous when I ask to them. On the other hand, I also could evidence they forgot the (t) and (d) pronunciation of the regular verbs when they report.

From this experience I learned that I need to invest more time onthe regular verbs pronunciation’s explanation. And make sure the instructions are well understood before carry out any activity.



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario